Wahnapitae First Nation and the Anishinabek/Ontario Fisheries Resource Centre (AOFRC) will be conducting a lake survey on Bass Lake starting August 7th and will continue until August 10th, 2012. The purpose of the lake survey is:
- to determine the different species that are present in the lake;
- to make a depth contour map of the lake;
- and to collect baseline data.
Students from the youth camp will also be participating in the survey to learn about different fisheries assessment techniques. The goal of this participation is to engage youth in a fisheries experience with the hope that it will interest them into pursuing post-secondary studies in a related discipline.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact:
Kim Tremblay, Fisheries Biologist, A/OFRC
(705) 472-7888 extension 6, [email protected]
Christian Lachapelle, Natural Resource Specialist, Wahnapitae First Nation
(705) 858-0610 [email protected]